• Alice's Restaurant
• Black Eyes and End Times
• Broken Bottles and the Southside of Heaven
• Desert Takes Its Form
• Like a Moth to the Flame
• The Severance Package
• You Know I'll Never Tell
• Instinct, Aggression, and the Dharma of Murphy
• On Marriage
• The Heart of Saturday Night
• How I Wished For You Today
• Pt. 1
• Pt. 2
• Pt. 3
• Pt. 4
People I Meet in Bars
I'd rather read in a bar than a library. Here's who I meet there.
• #1: Jane, the lonely girl who spoke in all caps.
• #2: Jay, the man whose one true love was 80-proof.
• #3: Anne, the girl who didn't know why she ditched her fiance.
• #4: Jason, the guy who thought he was hot shit.
• #5: Rick, the man in the suit who didn't want to be The Scotch Guy.
• #6: Stan, the populist guy with a creed and a smile.
• #7: Gwen, the ex-girlfriend.
• #8: Jeff, the half-orphan who just wanted to smoke.
• #9: Meg and Jim, the happy couple.
• #10: Sheila, the baker who'd rather make wedding pie than wedding cake.
• #11: Hank, the carpenter with the soul of a poet.
• #12: Greg, the hesitant drinker and passionate godfather.
• #13: T.J., the nine-year-old Spider-Man fan (not a bar, though)
• #14: Mary Jane, Ken, Jenny, Tom, Carly, et. al., the other fake cowboys and our ringleader (also not a bar)
• #15: Bob, the sad drunk.
• #16: Wade, Dustin, and their friend MJ, they who would rather smoke than drink.
• #17: Emily, the actress.
• #18: Emily (again), the actress who didn't care to be written about.
• #19: the dude who wouldn't reveal his name.
• #20: Michelle, the pretty girl looking for something she won't find in her own backyard.
• #21: Seth, the guy that punched me in the face.
• #22: John and Up, fans of zombies and poor taste.
Goodmornings and Goodnights
How they found their feet.
• Pt. 1: It's nighttime.
• Pt. 2: It's morning again.
• Pt. 3: She snores. A lot.
• Pt. 4: You will still love me tomorrow.
• Pt. 5: the Koreas.
• Pt. 6: Baby steps.
• Pt. 7: Eyes like fishing line, lips like baited hooks.
• Pt. 8: Art's a funny thing.
• Pt. 9: So you can take your rest.
• Pt. 10: In the market for a beach house.
• Pt. 11: Now you're free falling.
• Pt. 12: Strong to the finish
• Pt. 13: Statistically still safer to fly.
• Pt. 14: Welcome back, darlin'.
• Pt. 15: Natural beauty amongst beef tamales.
• Pt. 16: True love travels on a gravel road.