Friday, August 26, 2011

in closing:

I drove nearly 700 miles in a single shot
one stop for gas
and another for directions (and gas).

a wrong turn was taken in Salinas
and I ended up in Richfield,
a place I didn't know existed
having to turn around
losing an additional hour to the backs and the forths
and I am now so very tired.

as I drove,
sometimes I was thinking about my nieces and nephew
or the puppy with whom I shall snuggle
my grandparents who are here to visit
or a good meal with my brother, sister, and parents
and that made is easier to keep my eyes open/steering wheel gripped

(but even though I know I wasn't
and although it required a great degree of imagination:

sometimes I pretended I was driving to you.)

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Awww that's so sweet that David kept you awake. He's the one you drove for, right?