Thursday, August 18, 2011

I now pronounce you 99 to life.

"I don't really see the point of dating," he said, adjusting his collar.

"How else would people get to know each other?" she asked. "How would we know who we want to be with?"

"I like those age ultimatum proposals. If-we're-both-still-single-when-I'm-forty things." He sat straight up and looked right at her. "Why don't we have one of those?"

"Okay. But forty is so far away. Pick an earlier age."

"The next one down is 30, but that's too predictable. How about, like, 28?"

"How old are you?"

He put his hands in his pockets. "27."

5 comments:

Rachel said...

yes yes yes! Good one Andy!

Meg said...

28 is the age they agree on in My Best Friend's Wedding. So, there's that.

Meg said...

This reminds me of that baby conversation we had.

CoKane Friendly said...

I have one for 28. So There's that.

Patricia Scurtu said...

So beautifully concise. So wonderfully realistic.