Sunday, February 20, 2011

I dreamt I woke up:

i saw an armadillo on TV
and it curled up into a ball to protect itself
making the world its womb and
shutting everything out
showing his armored backside to anyone looking for him

someone told harvey pekar that
he was facing a "growth experience"
and harvey said
"i'd be glad to trade some growth for happiness."

i look back on the last three years
and the things that stick out

this whole time, i thought i'd been growing as a person
now i think i've been shrinking
but that's okay
because
now
with my shoulders slouched
and my back hunched
like the mighty armadillo
i'm now a smaller target
and it'll be harder for you
any of you
to get to me.

2 comments:

Meg said...

:(

Waif13 said...

It sounds like you need some sunshine in your life.

Come visit.