Friday, December 17, 2010

maybe it should be a picture book.

and one day he met a girl
she had dark brown hair
and she lied a lot

"well," he said, "at least she didn't sleep with someone else."

then one day he met a girl
she had dark brown hair
and she slept with someone else

"well," he said, "at least she didn't sleep with some wrinkly old married dude."

then one day he met a girl
she had dark brown hair
and she slept with some wrinkly old married dude

"well," he said, "at least she didn't, uh...hate black people."

then one day he met a girl
she had dark brown hair
and she said "I really hate black people."

"well," he said, "at least she didn't, like, kill a baby or something."
(and he worried for months that he had sentenced a newborn to death)

then one day he met a girl
she had light brown hair
and she said "I'm a special ed teacher
I rescued a puppy from the pound
and my favorite show is Parenthood
I went to Fiji to open a dental clinic
and I'd love to live in the Pacific Northwest
Jameson is my favorite whiskey
and I want two to four children."

and he unsuccessfully hid his smile
knowing that things were gonna be better
things were gonna be good.

6 comments:

Azúcar said...

Oh, the dark brown haired girl!

We're all wicked, through and through

(Or, at least, I am, too.)

Kels H. said...

Hooray for happy beginnings--they hold so much more promise than happy endings.

Andy said...

@Azúcar: They of the Dark Brown Hair were all Mormons, too, but I think that's just a coincidence.

@Kels: the nickname you came up with is still what I think of whenever I see her.

Anonymous said...

I have to give myself some credit for this. I mean, it was my birthday party where the stars aligned for two of my dearest friends. Took her in the house and said 'Andy totally digs you." Sent you a text saying, "go for it dude. She's amazing. There's a reason she's my best friend.' You two being awesome individuals just took care of the rest from there. :)

Meg said...

(Dyes hair red hoping Andy won't assume bad things)(Naturally light anyways).
:)
Silly Andy, don't you know that traditionally dark hair meant dark soul?
Maybe you were finally ready, you know, you attract what you believe yourself to be. And Meg is amazing, as are you, so it just...works. :)

Anonymous said...

You should blog more.