Monday, May 3, 2010

the handful of my phone's locked text messages.

For various and sundry reasons, the following text messages have been saved in my phone and will probably stay there for a long, long time. I won't say who they're from or when they were sent--I'm randomizing their order, as opposed to putting them chronologically--but for substantially varied reasons, the following have all meant a lot to me:

1. "I thought your writing when you were with Julie was your best. I'm glad to see how wrong I was. Thank you for writing such heartbreakingly bittersweet realism."

2. "I realize that I'm texting you at six AM on a Sunday but I just got off work. Just read your newest thing. You have a gift."

3. "I may be a bit drunk. But I hope you know how much I love you and how grateful I am to have you in my life." (okay, this was one was from my mom.)

4. "Thank you for everything tonight. I can't tell you how much it meant to me." (that one's from YOUR mom.)

5. "We could have had everything. You were always right. I'm really sorry."

6. "Your work was phenomenal tonight, man."

7. "You are sincerely talented, Andy Sherwin."

8. "I was moved by your reading. Sure, I read it before tonight, but it was truly great. Please continue writing and sharing it."

9. "I think you're wonderful."

------------

Sometimes you've just gotta be able to re-read stuff like that.

I love you.

2 comments:

Claire Valene Bagley said...

ONE DAY... I'll make the list. THE END.

rachel said...

I am the list. Taco night at 7pm.