Thursday, April 15, 2010

troubles with active/passive voice? I'm here to help!

On a process topic for our company's flagship program, I have to consciously avoid using passive voice.

Dumb. I'm writing EVERYTHING ELSE IN PASSIVE VOICE NOW.

Or, rather, EVERYTHING I WRITE NOW IS IN PASSIVE VOICE.

Here are some examples:

DUMB: "Andy, passive voice is fine sometimes."
AWESOME: "Andy, fine is what passive voice sometimes is."

DUMB: "You're seriously going to rewrite everything I say in passive voice?"
AWESOME: "Everything I say is going to be rewritten by you in passive voice?"

DUMB: "Seriously, this is getting really annoying."
AWESOME: "Seriously, annoying is what this is really getting."

DUMB: "I don't think I want to be friends with you."
AWESOME: "Friends is what I don't think I want to be with you."

Welcome is what you are.

1 comment:

Diana said...

Sorry is what I am.
Terrible is what that is.