Sunday, March 7, 2010

Pictures/Preacher/Poetry, in that order:


I taught Emery how to judo chop. I should've been more specific about appropriate targets.



I'm only about 85% as maternal as I look.


I don't know what I was saying when this picture was taken. Probably something denigrating about Avatar.


That's not my breast milk she's being fed, either (the world weeps at the mental image).


...okay, this one was my breast milk.


I rarely smile in pictures how I smile in real life. Here's proof.


He's looking for the self-destruct button. I'm trying to throw him off the trail.

The following has nothing to directly do with children, but it's the other thing that's made me happy over the last while. It's from Preacher, which I have written of before.



Tulip and Jesse are sleeping in a western Arizona motel room before they...it's complicated, so let's just say before they go off to war.

"How long has it since [we met]? Ten years? ...by God, ten years. And still as pretty as the morning."

On a final note, I scrawled this onto a cocktail napkin at tonight's Oscar party:

Purchased a pillow that's brand spanking new,
one on which you have never laid your head:
I needed one that had never touched you,
but I'd rather share the old ones instead.


I hope everyone had a good weekend. I'm off to Storyland.

1 comment:

Diana said...

You really need kids of your own if you're going to feed them your breast milk. You look so natural with those kids, it's crazy.

Mac is always teaching Luke stuff like that. He taught him how to spit out his toothpaste and the very next day he spat food all over his aunt's laptop. Oops.

Oh, and you look really skinny. Please eat a sandwich.