Monday, January 18, 2010

Martin Luther: cool name, important dudes.

I'm not being as prolific as I'd like, but I thought I'd drop a quick reference to two of my favorite quotes by dudes whose names contain "Martin Luther." And anti-Semitism, disdain for reason, and adultery are not reasons to dismiss someone's good works.

Martin Luther: "For where God built a church, there the Devil would also build a chapel."

Martin Luther King: "...on some positions, cowardice asks the question, 'Is it safe?' Expedience asks the question, 'Is it politic?' Vanity asks the question, 'Is it popular?' But conscience asks the question, 'Is it right?' There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe nor politic nor popular, but he must do it because conscience tells him it is right."

----------------

And I'm writing something for you, you know.

1 comment:

hosander said...

Thursday. I have a gig on Friday.

psych, it's a bridal shower