Thursday, December 3, 2009

Lay low with me tonight.

I didn't know her. And yet, last night's spoken equivalent of two paragraphs, interrupted by several overwhelmed, embarrassed stutters from me, was enough to seriously change my life and set me down a brand new river.

Thanks to her for the kindness and the last bit of inspiration I think I needed.

And I'm grateful for you. I'm grateful for all of you. For writing me notes and approaching me and defending me and reminding me what I need to be.

I want to know everything about you. So tell me.

2 comments:

Waif13 said...

Seriously change your life?

Sounds like a story I need to hear.

Call me

martha said...

i am so glad you put your prose in a list. this makes it easy to peruse your writing, which i still adore, and wholly agree with haley in that it's inspirational. :)

also, i am still sad that i couldn't make it to your reading. i would still like to have a private reading or with a few other people, that's ok too. and your band is definitely going to play at one of my parties soon.