Thursday, April 2, 2009

Songs to listen to today:

Gram Parsons' "Return of the Grievous Angel"
Glady Knight and the Pips' "Midnight Train to Georgia"
Jeff Buckley's "Lover, You Should've Come Over"
Tom Waits' "Closing Time"
The Gutter Twins' "The Stations"
The Twilight Singers' "The Killer," "Candy Cane Crawl," "Love," and "I'm Ready"
My Morning Jacket's "One Big Holiday"
Ryan Adams' "Come Pick Me Up" and "La Cienega Just Smiled
Wilco's "Remember the Mountain Bed" and "Misunderstood"
Son Volt's "Medication" and "Circadian Rhythm"
Robert Earl Keen's "So I Can Take My Rest"
Lyle Lovett's "North Dakota"
The Afghan Whigs' "Fountain and Fairfax," "Debonair," and "Faded"
Pete Droge's "Northern Bound Train," "Beautiful Girl," and "Dear Diane"
Whiskeytown's "The Ballad of Carol Anne" and "Don't Be Sad"
Barenaked Ladies' "Off the Hook"
Steven Page's "Hit and Run"
XTC's "Then She Appeared" and "I'm the Man Who Murdered Love"
Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds' "Bring It On," "Midnight Man," and "Thirsty Dog"
Greg Dulli's "Cigarettes"
Prince's "Pop Life," "Supercute," "The Beautiful Ones," and "Anna Stesia"
The Jayhawks' "Save It For a Rainy Day," "Angelyne," and "I'm Gonna Make You Love Me"
Fountains of Wayne's "Hey Julie"

Hope some of them will make you smile.

2 comments:

Shums said...

I would pay large amounts of money if there was some way for you to remotely choose for me the songs I listen to throughout the day. Your taste, sir, is impeccable.

Samantha said...

I feel cheated and lied to.

I thought I could trust you. That you would never steer me wrong. So I download all the songs you recommended that I didn't already have and listened to them as I ran errands today.

Now, imagine me falling to the floor, withering in pain in the middle of my favorite dusty used bookstore. Country music was playing from my ipod, twanging in my ear, leaking poison into my body.

It took a whole album of The Kings of Leon to restore me back to my natural health.

You should have warned me.